When should you replace the starter motor?
- A clicking noise while starting can indicate starter troubles
- When the engine isn’t starting, and even a jump start doesn’t work, the problem isn’t with the battery, but with the starter
- The car doesn’t start even though the dashboard lights up
It is a common misconception that your car battery is always the cause when your car doesn’t start in the morning. You might call it a ‘dead battery’, but that might not always be the case. It can be due to a faulty alternator. The alternator is the device which charges the battery regularly and powers the electrical system when the engine is running. Alternators can wear out over time, and you need to replace them. When an alternator stops working, it will not be able to charge the battery, and the battery will die eventually. Most cars have an indicator light to show a faulty alternator. Generally, an alternator lasts for 8 to 12 years. It is important to get a good alternator when your current one fails, from a reliable starter motor and alternator supplier like Speedway Automotives.
Signs You Need Alternator Replacement
- Lighting up of the ALT light
- The headlights and dashboard lights become dim
- Burning rubber smell which indicates the alternator belt is damaged
- Grinding noise
- Trouble starting the engine
Leading Providers of Starter Motors & Alternators in Melbourne
Speedway Automotives has built a solid reputation in the automotive industry through continuous dedication and excellent service in Melbourne. We are a trusted supplier of good-quality Alternators and starter motors and are proficient in auto electrical repairs. Our good customer relations in the industry for over three decades is a testament to the passion for our craft. Call us on (03) 9706 7227 right now.